Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hooray! I Made It Another Year! Just Great.


 Another freakin’ birthday!
 Just one more wasted year
 One more year of losing,  
 Of giving in to fear.

 Hooray! Today’s my birthday.
 Praise to awesome me!
 Flyest guy beneath this sky…
 From sea to shining sea!

 Really? One more birthday?
 Since last time what’s been learned?
 What it means to feel unwanted  --
 Discarded, soul-stung, spurned.

 Rejoice! Today’s my birthday!
 Raise a glass up to the air –
 Toast my health and my good-fortune,
 He’ll nod approvingly up-there!  

 Know what you can do with this here birthday?
 Hold still -- I bet I can…
 Wait a sec; whoa! Check out those legs!  
“Whachoo lookin’ at old man!?"

 Happy, happy, birthday.
 My joy this world to share.
 Given purpose in His light…
 Perhaps it’s time to care.

  Paul ‘13

No comments:

Post a Comment