Monday, August 11, 2014

Time to Catch Y'all Up -- My Dog is NO LONGER DYING!!!

         So -- It's been a while since I filled you in on what was going on. (Not that there's any "you" to read this!)
         When I returned home from a Christmas visit to Navarre (and Gulf Breeze)  The main purpose for the trip being as a "goodbye tour" for little Willow.  The secondary reason  -- get a hug. I had been nearly 9 mos. without any physical human contact and it's hard to put into words how spiritually and mentally oppressive that can become -- but I'll give it a try... at some future time.
         Well to make a long story not quite as long -- upon returning home, and seeing that Willow was looking better -- not great by a long shot but better; more energetic more spirited during lizard hunting forays  -- I decided to get an ultrasound done to see how bad the presumed (and circumstantially diagnosed) chest tumor actually was.  Guess what they found...
         Yup,  NOTHING! No chest tumor. She still had/has a  ridiculously enlarged heart -- but, has no signs of cancer anywhere in her body. WTF?! I can't begin to express how much, grief and anxiety that erroneous diagnosis has caused;  along with the Dr.'s brilliant little caveat about putting her down immediately. But a new vet, another heart pill and modified diet later -- she's the best she's been in years! According to the new vet she could live "for years."  I am not as optimistic. She still has her colloidal enterotoxicosis (a chronic bowel condition, manageable with meds) and if she's not outside hunting lizards she appears 3/4 dead but at no point do I believe the quality of life scales have remained tipped to the negative for a duration that would qualify for implementing an end life scenario. So bad-ass me -- got my dog back. Well, a reprieve anyway.   The little sucker can eat! In fact she eats well, sleeps well, shits well (65% of the time) and still adores  her daddy who, treasures every moment with her. (I'm not really sure why though --  a loneliness/loyalty issue, I guess.)    
         In other news you are reading the words of the new world record holder for fastest HypeOrlando (a blogging community) member to get his ass banned from the site. Yup. 3 days! Some silly rule about not insulting other bloggers -- even if only "glancing jibes." No warnings either.
         But since I had written some interesting stuff in the three days I was with them, which,I think, deserve to be posted -- here I am! Back to my abbandoned blog.  I still have a lot more to discuss with you. I'm not doing any better than where we last left off (other than the dog thing.) In fact, I  think I've slipped deeper into my malaise.
         We'll get to that.

Anyway Enjoy! Next up my first nearly real poem in 15 years! (Frustratingly, it doesn't even rank by standards set by actual literary types.)

No comments:

Post a Comment