Monday, February 18, 2013

Bogged Blog -- UPDATE!



     Hola, Dear Reader!

     It's Monday, February 18th , President's Day and the day I sign my divorce papers --
     Totally depressing. I love her dearly and feel horrid and small for having failed her (and myself) in so many ways.  Then again... today marks a "liberation" of sorts and a new beginning. Sort of.  Life will go on pretty much identically to before the divorce -- until I have the resources to get my butt down to Orlando -- and start all over again. Which could happen any day -- week -- month -- year?! It all depends on sinister forces and the alacrity with which they choose to act -- their are lawyers involved. (Oooh, I got a chill!  Scary stuff! )
      I wanted to write you today to inform my faithful reader(s) (I kind'a doubt there is even one let-alone more than -- allow me my  fantasy!)  I have most certainly been writing and working on this Blog. I spent the past wek interspersing my commentary throughout her nearly 10 page long "divorce letter" Crystal wrote me. " Marriage/Autopsy" briefly appeared online as 5 very long (hopefully very interesting/amusing) parts.  (Sorry, it's a highly emotional time)  I took down the posts at my wife's behest. She claims an affront to her privacy as her letter contains personal and "private" discourse. But unfortunately for her, it's my letter (composed for me) and she read the letter to me in a "public" setting -- her therapist's office. Here, an argument could be made that her therapist's office is not a public place -- and I would tend to agree -- however, I don't think there is anything particularly tawdry, demeaning or diminishing  in the letter --if anything,  it makes me appear the "louse" (wink-wink) -- and I also believe it provides a serviceable jumping off point for my Mid-life Metanoia Blog.  It gives a very full (if not complete) picture of our emotional and psychological -- even physical states at this present time (from two different perspectives) and, as such, I feel it is an indispensable record despite any discomfiture it may provide. But as I am beholden to Crystal for allowing me to maintain residence (at our house for the past 10 years ) I would be brutish of me to cause her any more emotional stress than she is already experiencing in this life-upheaval. So it's public posting has has been suspended indefinitely. I will find other ways to enlighten and entertain the masses -- and hope the masses eventually  begin returning my generosities to me -- with encouragement and support -- or just acknowledgement -- (even negative, I guess.) anything will help me through this extraordinary period of my life.  Very lonely, just now.
Be Well, Be Swell! -- God Bless,        Paul

UPDATE:  Papers are signed. She'll be taking her maiden name again. Good. During our legal meeting today Crystal asked her attorney (no, I don't merit any legal representation.) if there was anyway which she could legally keep me from posting her letter online -- but according to him "Freedom of Speech" laws mean I can do anything I want with the letter -- including interjecting childish tirades between her sentences and then humiliating both of us by making it all public! Boo-yah! Another stroke in the "proud American" column.










No comments:

Post a Comment